Worlds Best Sugar Cookies with Glossy Icing
Great for every holiday!
INGREDIENTS FOR COOKIES
2 cups flour
1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
6 tablespoons butter – softened at room temperature 1/3 cup shortening
3/4 cup sugar
1 tablespoon milk
1 teaspoon clear vanilla
2 cups powdered sugar
2 teaspoon clear vanilla
1 egg white
milk (at discretion)
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. In a small bowl sift together flour, baking soda, and salt.
3. In medium bowl cream together butter, shortening, and sugar.
4. Add egg, milk, and vanilla to the medium bowl and cream together again.
5. Pour dry ingredients into wet and mix.
6. Sprinkle surface where you are going to roll the dough, with flour.
7. Divide dough in half and shape into a ball.
8. Sprinkle flour on top and roll out 1/4 inch thick.
9. Cut with flour dipped cookie cutters.
10. Place onto a cookie tray sprayed with cooking spray.
11. Cook until edges just barely turn brown.
1. In a small bowl mix egg white until stiff with high speed mixer.
2. Add powdered sugar and clear vanilla.
3. Check consistency once it is mixed, drizzle milk until consistency is spreadable.
4. Divide icing into small bowls or cookie sheet and add coloring.
BAKE AND SHARE
1. Once fully decorated, take some pics/vids and post on social media and make sure to tag @balboaislandca @luxrerealestate @steveroose #sugarcookies #balboaisland #newportbeach
2. Bless your neighbors with tasty calories and feel free to share this recipe with them! If you don’t like to bake, ask your neighbor to host and you provide the ingredients. 🙂
1. Plastic utensils are great for icing decorating as they will not tip over the icing bowls and minimal cleanup is required!
2. Toothpicks are great for creating patterns in the colors and then the icing moves back together.
These cookies have been a holiday tradition in our family for about 40 years. I always enjoyed baking and decorating them as I grew up. Now, I get to enjoy the same special time with my kids and friends each holiday. I hope you love this recipe and cherish the fun times with your loved ones! – Steve Roose