This week through Jan 29 enjoy discounted menu items at Newport Beachs finest restaurants. Lunch starts at just $15 for a three course prix fixe menu and dinner between $20 and $40.
Although there are many restaurants to choose from your taste buds wont be disappointed at what Balboa Island eateries are offering during this annual event.
Here is a round up of the 10 Best Things to Eat on Balboa Island during Newport Beach Restaurant Week:
10. Alexs Chopped Salad with Chicken at Amelias. This salad is filled with fresh lettuce, carrots, tomatoes, garbanzo beans, mushrooms, artichokes, olives, mozzarella and drizzled with Italian dressing.
9. Beef Stroganoff at Wilmas Patio. Tender pieces of Filet Mignon, egg noodles in a mouth watering sour cream brown sauce with mushrooms.
8. Italian Gelato at Barolos. Part of the dessert course, this portion of the prix fixe menu is the perfect way to end your meal.
7. Chicken Italiano at Ciao Restaurant. The grilled chicken breast is smothered in sautéed peppers and onions and blanketed with a light pesto cream sauce. Steamed vegetables and pasta round out this perfect dish.
6. Pink Plate Special at Amelias Restaurant. This rather pretty plate comes with fresh salmon, scampi drizzled in garlic butter and lobster ravioli. Barbie Approved!
5. Philly Steak Sandwich at Wilmas Patio. This simple, yet delicious Philly steak is served during lunch and includes your choice of cottage fries, cole slaw or fresh fruit.
4. Linguine Primavera at Ciao Restaurant. A classic dish served right. Linguine Pasta tossed in a creamy alfredo sauce with fresh vegetables. Ciao is offering discounted menu items during their dinner seating. Three courses for $20.
3. Porterhouse Pork Chop with Pineapple Salsa. Have a little taste of another island Hawaii, perhaps? This perfectly cooked pork chop is served with mashed potatoes and fresh vegetables and a tangy pineapple salsa.
2. Open Face Pizza Sandwich at Amelias. A dream come true for foodies. A baguette with marinara sauce and shredded mozzarella is just the beginning. Each order grants you three wishes, uh toppings of your choice: sausage, meatballs, artichokes, mushrooms, roma tomato, basil, or fresh mozzarella.
1. Osso Bucco at Barolos. Their $30 three course menu comes with your choice of salad, Italian gelato and Osso Bucco. Braised cross cut veal shanks with vegetables are a specialty at Barolos that everyone should try at least once.
For full menu listings please visit www.newportbeachdining.com.